Your smile is one of the most important aspects of your appearance, and having perfect teeth can help boost your self-confidence. If your teeth are discolored, crooked, or otherwise misshapen, you can use cosmetic dentistry to create your ideal smile. This term is used to describe various dental procedures.
The primary goal of this type of dentistry is to restore the natural beauty of your teeth. If you have misshapen teeth, this form of dentistry can help make your smile more beautiful and increase your self-confidence.
A wise consumer will look at the issue from all angles. While it would be imprudent to state that there are no downsides to cosmetic dentistry, most patients report being satisfied with their procedure results. The field of cosmetic dentistry has many advantages. Here are just a few.
1. The most significant benefit of cosmetic dentistry, of course, is that it produces results. Patients who only a few years ago had to settle for chipped, cracked, or broken teeth can now have that done. Highly discolored teeth can be made whiter. Most dental abnormalities can be corrected with cosmetic dentistry. Cosmetic dentistry can even reduce aging signs and give the patient a more vibrant and youthful appearance. It can also damage the teeth caused by trauma, disease, infection, developmental abnormalities, or heredity.
2. Because cosmetic surgery is so successful, it can give the patient a more attractive appearance and an improved psychological outlook. Many patients report that they have battled low self-esteem for years but that this is made up when these types of dental problems are corrected or covered. They report feeling more comfortable not only with themselves but also with others with whom they have relationships.
3. Except for patients living in extremely rural or remote areas, cosmetic dentistry is freely accessible. Unlike other cosmetic surgery specialties, cosmetic dentistry has become quite widespread, even in smaller urban areas. Although many dentists choose to specialize in cosmetic dentistry, most cosmetic dentistry procedures are not beyond general dentists’ scope. This makes the option of using cosmetic dentistry much broader for a wider segment of the population.
4. Although it would be unfair to say that cosmetic dentistry is cheap, the price of many procedures used in cosmetic dentistry is dropping. This allows many more patients to benefit from cosmetic dentistry. Many dental insurance companies also choose to cover cosmetic dentistry procedures when they are performed for structural reasons. Patients considering cosmetic dentistry should check with their insurance company to see if the systems are covered.
5. Cosmetic dentistry has long-lasting effects. Unlike many other cosmetic procedures, cosmetic dentistry can last up to 10 years. This is a great benefit to patients because it limits the amount of money and time needed to maintain the procedure that was done.
6. The recovery time from cosmetic dentistry is relatively short. Many other cosmetic procedures require a long recovery time and are accompanied by a lot of pain. Most patients who use cosmetic dentistry report a short recovery time and very little discomfort during recovery. Moreover, these procedures’ success rate is relatively high: some studies show success rates for cosmetic dentistry procedures as high as the 90th percentile.
As with any medical decision, patients must weigh the pros and cons and then decide what is best for them. But the bottom line is that dental technology has provided a quick, efficient, and relatively inexpensive way to improve our smiles through the use of cosmetic dentistry.
NIKA DENTAL CENTER offers the latest in cosmetic dentistry at fairly reasonable prices. We provide a number of helpful solutions for stained, crooked and missing teeth. Our experienced dental surgeons have mastered the latest techniques in the field of cosmetic dentistry.