– Sleep problems: the different causes
– Yoga and sleep: many benefits
– Which yoga practice for a night of good sleep?
Yoga can be practiced for its benefits in a global approach (balance of body and mind) or with a particular objective:
– yoga for the back or yoga and sleep,
– yoga to lose weight or yoga for the eyes.
Sleep problems: the different causes
Several sleep problems can lead to the practice of yoga:
– problems falling asleep,
– the night awakenings,
– an agitated sleep,
– tiredness rises after a night of 7 to 8 hours of sleep.
These problems, temporary or persistent, can have different origins:
– a state of stress or temporary nervousness,
– a diet that is too rich with the evening meal,
– deficiencies in certain minerals/oligo-elements (e.g., magnesium),
– withdrawal from sleeping pills,
– the side effects of certain medications,
– an underlying illness, etc.
Caution! Unusual fatigue should be reported to a doctor.
Yoga and sleep: many benefits
Start practicing yoga only after a medical check-up and your doctor’s agreement. Once the doctor has diagnosed the underlying problem, we can :
– act on the causes, when possible,
– start a yoga practice gently.
Yoga can indeed have excellent repercussions on overall health:
– mental relaxation: emotional letting go, letting go of recurring negative thoughts,
– Muscular relaxation: the relaxation phase in a yoga session allows the release of muscles that are often “under tension” in an unconscious way,
– back relaxation: the entire skeleton benefits from yoga, especially the spine. You will also get a better quality of sleep by eliminating back tension.
Which yoga practice for a night of good sleep?
The important thing is to find the type of yoga that corresponds to our needs. We can choose between different yogas:
YOGAS INDICATED FOR SLEEP
– Combines gentle exercises, relaxation, visualization, and breathing.
– Use certain postures (asanas), except for specific contraindications formulated by your doctor.
Total relaxation session
– Very easy to do at any time to relax.
Want to read more on health topics?