– Step 1: Choose your cell phone
– Step 2: Protect your body
– Step 3: Keep your distance
– Step 4: Move the mobile away during the call
– Step 5: Limit your communications
– Step 6: Favour of reception conditions
– Step 7: Don’t call while on the road
– Step 8: Turn off your phone at night
Cell phones emit electromagnetic waves both in communication and outside of any network connection.
– Outside of communication, the waves emitted are circular, a bit like those produced by a pebble when falling into the water.
On the other hand, in communication, the total electromagnetic flux is projected from the device’s antenna, located at the back and right, towards the nearest relay antenna.
If your phone is pointed towards a base station antenna located 2 km away while it turns its back to an antenna located 200 m away, the waves will go to the one located 2 km away.
The debate is open, but electromagnetic waves could be harmful in the long term. Therefore, it is essential to know how to protect yourself from cell phone waves.
Why protect yourself from cell phone waves
Some at-risk individuals should limit the use of their cell phones as much as possible:
– those under 15 years of age, as they are still growing (children are more exposed to radio frequencies than adults because of their small size and the characteristics of some of their tissues, particularly the peripheral areas of their brain);
– Pregnant women: the water in the placenta and the embryo are particularly sensitive to the energy emitted by cell phones;
– people with a heart or brain implant to limit possible electromagnetic interference.
For these people, cell phones must remain exceptional, in case of emergency, for example.
How to protect yourself from cell phone waves
1. Choose your cell phone
When buying a cell phone, pay attention to the SAR (Specific absorption rate) value.
This indicates the level of radio frequencies emitted when the cell phone is operating at full power.
The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) limit for public exposure from cellular telephones is a SAR level of 1.6 watts per kilogram (1.6 W/kg). Still, it would help if you chose phones that do not emit more than 0.7 W/kg.
To date, this display obligation only applies to cell phone devices.
2. Protect your body
Do not expose the most sensitive areas of your body to the electromagnetic waves of cell phones, namely :
– your heart;
– your armpits;
– your hips;
– your genitals.
To sum up, do not wear your cell phone in :
– your gun pocket;
– your pants.
The ideal is to have the phone at a distance from you, i.e., in a bag.
If you still want to keep the phone on you, turn the screen towards you so that the antenna is not in contact with your body.
3. Keep your distance
When communicating, the idea is to keep the phone as far away from your body as possible.
Depending on the conditions of use :
– use the speakerphone;
– use the wired pedestrian kit generally supplied with the phone, but avoid wireless kits that emit waves.
In all cases, keep the phone as far away from you as possible, including when texting. Always keep the phone as far away from you as possible.
Turn the antenna of your cell phone towards the outside and not towards you.
4. Move the cell phone away from you during the call
When making a call and until the call is established, keep the phone away from you, holding it upright.
The information on the screen will tell you when your caller is on the line.
5. Limit your communications
Limit the number and duration of your calls.
– Ideally, don’t exceed 15 minutes a day with a cordless phone.
– Space your conversations at about 1.5 hours.
– Don’t stay on the phone for more than 3 minutes at a time.
6. Promote reception conditions
Ensure that you make a call when the transmission and reception conditions are optimal, i.e., when all the network « bars » are displayed on the screen or at least 4: for each bar less, the radiation emitted to connect is doubled.
7. Do not make calls while on the move.
Don’t make phone calls while driving, especially since it is forbidden to do so while driving:
– On the one hand, the telephone has to continually look for the antenna and emit a large flow of waves;
– on the other hand, telephoning inside a car, train, or bus, even when stopped, causes a « Faraday cage » effect: the waves emitted are trapped and are reflected in the passenger compartment (at the level of the skull in a car).
8. Turn off your phone at night
At night, turn off your phone.
In any case, please don’t leave it less than 50 cm from you, let alone from your head.
Equipment to protect yourself from cell phone waves
Wired pedestrian kit – Starting at $15 but usually provided with the phone.
Now you know why and how to protect yourself from cell phone waves. Don’t forget to leave us your comments and especially to share this post.